The Angelina & Neches
River Railroad is an independent shortline railroad
incorporated in 1900 to move logs from the woods of East
Texas to the mills of the Angelina County Lumber Company.
More than a century later, A&NR continues to provide
transportation services to the business community in the
Lufkin and Angelina County area.
Angelina & Neches River Railroad (ANR)
Facilities and Services:
- 28 miles of track including 12 miles
- Operating an additional 3.5 miles of
joint trackage via Union Pacific RR mainline.
- Three locomotives and 150 boxcars.
- ANR interchanges with Union Pacific
Railroad at Lufkin, Texas.
- Car Storage with capacity of 600 cars
- Railcar Cleaning
- Gate conversions
- Car Repair services on-site.
- Trans Load services with team track
loading and unloading.
- Industrial Development sites